Sunday, January 17, 2010

Vision.

Over the course of several months last year, when in need of hope and encouragement, I put together a portfolio of images and sayings of what I wanted to make manifest in my life. It is a take on the Visualization Boards that are popular in various circles and schools of thought today.

I was quite pleased and proud of how mine turned out, because of course as an artist each page is visually impacting. Some of the pages focused on my plans to move to Scotland in the near future, some on my hopes for my spiritual life, some on my sports goals, and some on my visions for my writing, as well as other topics like financial stability, travel, and lifestyle.

But most of all, I took a quote from an ad for a television show and manipulated it a bit, making it my current life mantra…

For a while I was reading this out every day, and I still regularly go over it. It’s been really fun to see how things not only within, but without begin to change; things begin to happen. (I mean, my bro wasn’t even expecting when I adopted this!) I guess this is just an encouragement to you, and a reminder to me, to keep you sights on what you most want from life and to remember in the stress of it all exactly who you are… and draw strength from that knowledge.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Lovely! I've always wanted to do a vision board, but I'm not a hugely artistic person. I had never though about making a list of "I wants." Thanks!

whichwaydidshego said...

Lori, it's such a great tool when you're struggling with feeling like not much is working for you. It focuses your energy so well, just with a picture. Plus, the images you choose are impacting for YOU, so it' great. Oh, plus is so much fun to do, artist or no!

If you decide to do one, even a little at a time, you can start tagging/collecting photos online with the site vi.ualize.us - really gorgeous images already there, too!

Lori said...

Thanks. I'll definitely have to try that. I'd like to create something beautiful and meaningful to hang on the wall.

whichwaydidshego said...

I should have done the wall thing - it would have been lovely - but I think there were so many things that I wanted to put in there that are so personal, that I thought the portfolio to be the smarter route as I (again) live with my folks. The cool thing is that as I travel or move abroad, I can take it with me. But something on the wall would be fantastic. Hmm... now I'm thinking again... :D